Sunday 14 October 2012

Seeing How it's Done

With all this preparation for my Orcs and Goblin (Wood-Elf Themed) army, I thought I'd take some time to see how the professionals do it. After enjoying my game with the at the Warhammer World Series,  I've decided to take Wood Elves to Axemaster. Greg has kindly agreed to lend me his army for next weekend, so I got to writing a list last week. I've suffered extensively at the hands of the Wood Elves (primarily in 6th ed, but I still suffered), so I was keen to try a few tricks in the list.





Lords
Spellweaver (310 pts)
   1 Spellweaver, 250 pts = (base cost 215 + Level 4 Upgrade 35)
      1 Divination Orb, 25 pts If more than 3 dice are used to cast a spell, this gives me an extra dispel dice
      1 Moonstone of the Hidden Ways, 35 pts If I end my remaining moves in a forest, the bearer and unit can teleport to another forest

Spellweaver (305 pts)
   1 Spellweaver, 250 pts = (base cost 215 + Level 4 Upgrade 35)
      1 Wand of Wych Elm, 55 pts Re-Roll Dispell attempts

Heroes
Noble (132 pts)
   1 Wood Elf Noble (Battle Standard Bearer), 92 pts = (base cost 75 + Light Armour 2 + Battle Standard Bearer 15)
      1 Asyendi's Bane, 10 pts Re-Roll missed hits, if that fails then the shot hits the bearer
      1 Hail of Doom Arrow, 30 pts One use only. Fires 3D6 S4 shots

Core
Dryads (108 pts)
   9 Dryads

Dryads (108 pts)
   9 Dryads









Glade Guard (196 pts)
   14 Glade Guard,  Musician Mus 6 + Standard Bearer Std 12
      1 Banner of Eternal Flame, 10 pts Unit has flaming attacks

Glade Guard (138 pts)
   10 Glade Guard, Musician Mus 6 + Standard Bearer Std 12

Glade Guard (138 pts)
   10 Glade Guard, Musician Mus 6 + Standard Bearer Std 12

Special
Tree Kin (390 pts)
   6 Tree Kin

Rare
Treeman (285 pts)
  

Treeman (285 pts)
  

Great Eagle (50 pts)

Yes, the list has 8 levels of magic. No, I don't think that is particularly efficient, considering I can't generate extra casting dice (other than chanelling). It should be some fun to play, but perhaps not optimal. I played a game yesterday against a Dark Elf army. It featured a lord on a Dragon with a 1+ save and reverse ward. I don't know why they allowed such a combination.
It ended up a 13/7 loss, which I wasn't so upset about. However, I was cheating (at always) by using more rare than I was allowed. Army Builder didn't pick that up for some reason, but I've rectified it now with the TO and I'm just going to play with 50 pts down.

See you at Axemaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment