Monday 26 May 2014

Liebsters 2014

My blog won an award! Perhaps if I state it like that, it will sound like more of an accomplishment... Still, it's nice to be thought of, and it's a cool idea to try and promote other people's work. I'm now supposed to answer 11 questions, then nominate 11 further blogs for an award. I believe the blog is capped at 200 followers, so it's only small scale stuff. Read on for my questions 11 and my nominees.
1. Why did you start blogging?

Honestly, it was to join in with the 2012 Dueling Paintbrushes challenge, but I found it was a good way to keep me on task. It's nice to put what I've done in words, and to have a record of what I was doing back in the day. (title drop!)

2. If you could change one thing about the wargaming hobby, what would it be?
I'd somehow give myself more time to play games. Hobby is alright at the moment; I can fit that in around family, but getting a game is is proving to be a real challenge!





3. What is best in life?
Hanging out with friends and family. Usually the former involves gaming!







4. Do you want to live forever? 
Not particularly.

5. Fame or Fortune?
Fortune! Fame brings me nothing, fortune gets me whatever I want. If I found myself craving fame (which I doubt), I could always just buy it. But I wouldn't. I'll take the cash, thanks.

6. What miniatures are you most proud of having painted? 
I get the greatest sense of achievement out of conceptualizing, building and painting a full army. My Arabyan Orcs, Ogre Pirates, Tartan Chaos Warriors and Wood Elf Orcs are my favourite armies. Winning the big-ass sword (Soul Drinker?) at ConVic 2010 was my proudest moment: That was the last big tournament of 7th ed in Australia, and 8th ed is only just catching up to it. Beating the amazing competition there was exhilarating.

7. How do you deal with burnout?
Have a baby? Haha. I'm only about 2 month back in after 18 months hiatus. That was more environmental than anything, but switching projects is usually rejuvenating. Paint if I'm over converting; convert if I'm over painting.

8. Why is a raven like a writing desk?
As a kid, I always wanted there to be some structural reason for this. They're both black, and have a relatively large (proportional to volume) flat area on the top? I don't know.

9. Star Wars or Star Trek?
Star Wars. I just never got bitten by Star Trek. I've rediscovered the Star Wars Expanded Universe this year, and I'm devastated to hear that they're ignoring it for the new films. Would it be that hard to acknowledge it?

10. If you could only buy from one miniature company from now on, which one would it be?
As much as I dislike their current direction, I'd probably have to go with Games Workshop because they make the games I play and they have a good range.

11. What is your favourite takeaway?
I haven't had it in a while. Thai or Indian? Depends on my mood. Pizza?



The Blogs
We at the Hampton are a fairly incestuous bunch, or our blogs are at any rate. Most of the ones I look at regularly are also on Greg's list, so I feel that I oughtn't cover those again.

The Land of Misfit Toys
My mate Brad started this a few years ago. It's not as well maintained as it used to be, but that's because of his Bolt Action Podcast, the LRDG.

Top Dog Gaming
Another by Owen Puding Wrestler Top (of Terrain for Hippos fame), with a more general look at gaming and a few home-made efforts. Nice work again, Owen!

Most of the other blogs I look at regularly are either already in another list, or not updated that regularly!

Thanks folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment