Saturday 29 December 2012

A cast of 1000s

OK, more like a cast of (a) dozens. But I finished my Talisman characters!
Sage, Knight and Monk in foreground.



After painting them, I can say that these are not the most detailed figures I've ever painted. The soft plastic doesn't lend itself to cleaning mold lines.

I tried to get as close to the card images as possible for continuity; I don't normally copy the scheme on the box! The jobs are a bit rushed, but really it's all about getting some interest on the table. Yeah, they're based like my Wood Elf Orcs, but in my defence it's a lighter shade of brown. Also, I couldn't' find my static grass.

I played a game with Matt yesterday, and whilst it is enjoyable, it doesn't have the innovative mechanics that I'm used to these days. You roll a D6 to see how far you move (how Monopoly!). Still, I look forward to playing this with my son in a few years; I reckon a 7 or 8 year old could get their head around this!

No comments:

Post a Comment